Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mind your Health

A healthy body and mind is important for a happy and complete life, a person will even trade even his wealth just to live longer and for a better health.

My today’s post came in mind when I was watching a television advertisement few hours ago, even followed the title – Mind Your Health – a milk product and I totally agree, milk is good enough to maintain a healthier body. However I am not going to name the milk nor promote it :-) ... milk product varies depending on our age; some are even made to cater for the entire family. This I think is more practical, for those members whose ages are from 10 – 49 years old. Mothers are always advised to breastfeed up to 2 years if possible, otherwise there is milk meant for babies until they reach a certain age. Older ones from 50 years old – to avoid osteoporosis problem, is to take recommended milk good enough for their age.

I myself was deprived of milk when I was younger. Not deprived but rather my parents can’t afford to buy milk for us. Our parents would rather spend the money for our rice and food. Buy the more important things for the house instead of spending it for our milk. I found out through my orthopedic that I have my 10 degree scoliosis and was diagnosed five years ago. I have no reason to panic though, because my case is the type that will never improve, yet I am being careful and since I can afford to buy myself milk, I never forget to take at least a glass or 2 a day.

Include milk in your list of important needs for yourself, buy calcium rich foods. Never underestimate the nutrients and advantages it will give to your health. Make it a point to take at least 2 glasses of milk everyday especially while you are still young. As we get older, our bones are getting weaker, so, while still young establish and build stronger bones.

So mind your health – live with healthy lifestyle, healthy diet along with 2 glasses of milk, and you sure will live longer, look and feel younger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have a lot to learn about health. Milk is a 100% proven carcinogen. Read the book "The China Study" by PHd Dr. T. Colin Campbell http://www.thechinastudy.com/

Milk is for turning a 25 lb. calf into a 250 cow in 1 year. The U.S. and Finland have the worlds highest intake of milk and the worlds highest occurrence of Ostioparosis. Leafy greens like spinach and kale are the best sources of calcium. Why does only 1 foolish species on earth drink from another mammal species?